Cloud Computing and Comparison of Azure, AWS and Google Cloud
Azure is a set of cloud services that assist organisations in solving their business challenges.
This type of cloud service has the ability to expand, manage and deploy applications to a massive global network with the aid of a framework and your preferred tools.
The Azure platform has sophisticated in-built security and privacy. Considering the level of compliance by Microsoft, Azure Cloud is very dependable when it comes to cloud security having an unbeatable threat intelligence and detector that helps to identify and protect against fast-evolving threats. Azure operates such that it can manage existing solutions and deploy custom made solutions for the user.
AWS means Amazon Web Services. It is a platform for cloud computing.
It was first launched in 2002 and later re-launched in 2006. Amazon services include Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Software as a Service (SaaS). AWS is on-sale, providing various services in Infrastructure which look like computer power. Computer power makes available virtual machines as well as customised machines. In AWS, customers have the privilege to choose their preferred size, power, memory, etc. It also has preferred storage systems such as virtual public cloud and virtual private cloud, where the user’s network can be isolated within the cloud. Here, one can create Subnets and private IP addresses; route tables including network gateways can also be created.
Azure is a cloud computing platform created by Microsoft which can also be called Microsoft Azure and it was first released in 2010. It is built to support the Linux and Microsoft Windows operating systems and it is used for building, deploying, testing and managing the applications. It also provides IaaS, PaaS and SaaS services. Azure is uniquely built such that the computer power/machine known as Virtual Hard Disk can be selected. It can also be configured by any user. Azure is a set of cloud services that assist organisations in solving their business challenges. This type of cloud service can expand, manage and deploy applications unto a massive global network with the aid of a framework using your preferred tools. The Azure platform has sophisticated in-built security and privacy. Considering the level of compliance by Microsoft, Azure Cloud is very dependable when it comes to cloud security having an unbeatable threat intelligence and detector that helps to identify and protect against fast-evolving threats. Azure operates such that it can manage existing solutions and deploy custom made solutions for the user.
Google Cloud is a product of Google and it is also a cloud computing platform that was first introduced in 2008. It was written in Java, C++, Python including Ruby. It also renders IaaS, PaaS, and Serverless platform services. It is categorised into different platforms such as google app engine, google compute engine, google cloud datastore, google cloud storage, Google big query and google cloud SQL. Its configuration can be selected by the customer. It renders temporary storage and it also supports different frameworks and programming languages as well as databases. Google cloud provides networks similar to those of AWS; in Azure, the network is seen/presented as a virtual network but has the same purpose of creating subnets, IP address, etc. Google cloud platform provides various forms of networking such as virtual private cloud, cloud CDN, cloud DNS, as well as load balancing, etc. It equally provides big data and the Internet of things (IoT). Google Cloud also has various parts of machine learning.
Major Differences between AWS vs Azure vs Google Cloud
Azure and Google Cloud are all renowned choices in the market. However, below are some major differences between The three (3) cloud systems/platforms.
- AWS makes available the instances of virtual servers and virtual machines. Azure makes available the virtual hard disks while Google cloud offers virtual machine instances.
- AWS instance can be bought in any of the following models from On-demand, reserved and spot. An azure instance can be purchased in any of the models from on-demand and short-termed commitments. But for Google cloud, it can be from On-demand and sustain use.
- AWS customers are being charged per hour using pay as you go model. Azure and Google Cloud customers on the other hand, are charged per minute.
- AWS uses ECS as Docker management. Container service is being used for Azure while Google container engine is being used in google cloud.
- In AWS, the glacier is used for archive storage while Azure and Google cloud use a cold line for archive storage.
- AWS uses Amazon cloud search for search service. Azure uses Azure search while Google cloud has no search service. AWS uses Amazon Kinesis for Analytics, Azure uses Azure stream analytics while in Google cloud platform, Cloud dataflow and cloud data prepare are used for analytics.
- AWS ops work and config are being used for automation in AWS, Azure uses Azure automation while Google cloud, compute engine management with the puppet, chef, etc.
- AWS uses AWS cloud HSM for Compliance. Azure uses Azure trust center while Google uses Googles cloud platform security for compliance.
- AWS uses AWS key management service for security credentials, Azure uses Azure key vault while google uses google cloud platform security for security credentials.
AWS, Azure and Google cloud all have the same purpose, providing similar services and provides supports for all the platforms, structures, and operating systems. AWS, Azure and Google cloud only have different names but are similar in their functions. Therefore, it is difficult to expressly recommend one over the other. User’s choice is therefore dependent on the one that suits their requirements most effectively’.